We've designed the best GoPro HERO 7 floaty! (works with HERO 6 and HERO 5 Black too) No need to have floating specific grips or mounts. God forbid you have to cover your camera's screen with a sponge! Use this with most poles and it will float. Use this with Chesty or Headstrap with no problems. WE'VE THOUGHT OF EVERYTHING! This is the only solution you'll need for not losing your GoPro in the water.
- This ultra-floaty, hard-rubber case will prevent your camera from sinking like a rock. It's bright orange color makes it easy to find on the surface of the water. This will keep your priceless memories and expensive new GoPro in your possession. It will also help from ruining your day, vacation or honeymoon.
- This ultra-buoyant, hard-rubber case will float even when attached to larger mounts, harnesses or BACPAC's®.
- Durable material protects your waterproof housing and lens.
- The Bodhi Floaty allows you to see and touch the display in the water. Since you can frame and review your shots, your photos and videos will come out looking amazing
- Works great with mounts, harnesses, poles and grips. No trade-offs or bad use-cases. Unlike floaty backdoors, it works great with Headstrap and Chesty mounts and does block your LCD. Floating grips and poles leave you unprotected when your camera is mounted on your body, a surfboard, kayak, jet ski, etc. We would never do that to you ;)
- Fits around your camera like a smartphone case, and can be quickly put on or removed. No need to hassle with attaching it to a backdoor. No need to put adhesive on your GoPro Housing or trust those adhesives to stick. Does not rely on velcro because thats a terrible idea (unless you want to lose your GoPro)
- The Bodhi Floaty takes full advantage of the three mic system. Your footage will sound great
Will the Floaty Case still float with a my pole?
- Of the poles we've tested, if it's marketed as "waterproof" it will float with the Bodhi Floaty Case. Unfortunately, there are too many poles on the market to test them all. Please contact us if you have a question about a specific pole.
Will the Floaty Case work for my GoPro?
This will fit on HERO4 [Black and Silver] HERO3+[Black, Sliver, and White] HERO, HERO+, HERO+LCD.
Will the Floaty Case work for my Hero 3 camera?
- It is not designed for the larger Hero 3 housing. You may be able to force the housing in the Bodhi Floaty Case but I would not recommend it. You can however, fit the Hero 3 camera into the Hero 3+ or Hero 4 waterproof housing use the Bodhi Floaty Case that way.
- Watch this for further clarification: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSpADnBL5Q8
Can I use this with my Dive Housing?
- No, this case only works for the Standard housing, Blackout housing, and Camo housing.
Can I use an LCD or Battery BacPac with Floaty Case?
What is Floaty Case made out of?
- It is made out of a surprisingly hard, rubber-like material that protects and allows your camera to float. A lot of customers expect the case to be a bit softer; it's sturdy ;)
Can you take it on and off?
- Yes, the camera will fit snuggly in the Floaty Case, but you can easily remove it.
- Your Floaty Case purchase includes a long thumb screw.
Will this float with any Pole or Mount?
- No! There are heavier mounts that will drag this down. It is important to test any mount in a safe environment, like a pool or shallow water, before fully relying on the Bodhi Floaty.
I created The Bodhi Floaty Case on a trip to Thailand. I bought a GoPro® Hero 4 Silver to document my adventures. Being a complete novice with the camera, I didn't think twice going body surfing with a head strap and no floaty. This was the result:
I quickly learned the value of making your GoPro® Float. However, I hated the Floaty Backdoor option. if I didn't want see my LCD, I would have purchased the Black edition! I bought the Silver because the LCD gives vital feedback.
I am also a minimalist, and don't like the idea of carrying a fat "bobber-grip" for water-use and a different pole for land-use.
A floaty "smartphone case" for your GoPro was the solution! The added benefit of this design would be protection of waterproof-housing and most importantly lens.
The market agreed [overwhelmingly!] with me and after months of product development, The Bodhi Floaty Case was born!
If you are not 100% satisfied with the your purchase, return it for a replacement or refund. No questions asked. Full-year warranty.
- Matt Bode, Designer @ Bodhi
“I almost lost my $500 GoPro® after 5 minutes in the water. Now I use Bodhi Floaty every time! "
This water buoy for go-pro was great, wore it snorkeling and mounted on my Surfboard...still have all my equipment...couldn't have been more pleased
Worked as described and the bright color gives me peace of mind
Definitely bulky but no lost GoPro!
It’s bulky and doesn’t fit very snug.I have concerns that the GoPro could fall out of it if it hit the water with moderate force
I really really liked this bodhi floaty! My favorite part of this is that I can still use my camera and see the screen. There's no point in getting a backdoor floaty to use under the water when you can't view what you're recording. I cannot wait to try this out in the ocean on my cruise. So far, I've tried it in the bathtub and the creek, both times it floated really well, even with the handle.